- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The notice to you and choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to our users and improve our business. We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us or information provided through a social network. For example, some of our services require you to sign up for an account, provide information for a contest or award, or link an account through a social network. Examples of the information we collect may include email, name, phone number, address, or credit card information. We work with social networks including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. We have access to information you directly provide and information through those social networking services based on your privacy settings on those networks.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect usage information when you visit different parts of our site or use our applications. We may also automatically collect certain technical information such as device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, device type, unique device identifiers, and mobile information if you use a mobile device to access the site).
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services and from third parties to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, to develop new services and offerings and to protect us and our users. We may also use this aggregated and demographic information to offer you tailored content like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
Please keep in mind that comments sections, forums, and other similar areas of our services are public. Any information posted in those areas is viewable and usable by anyone that has access.
Cookies. Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Infotolium and our advertising / marketing partners, affiliates, or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We and our service providers, marketing partners, and affiliates may use advertising cookies to deliver ads that we believe are more relevant to you and your interests. For example, we may use targeting or advertising cookies to customize the advertising and content you receive on our site, to limit the number of times you see the same ad on our site and to help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. These cookies remember what you have looked at on the site and other sites, and may be combined with other information acquired from third parties, and we may share this information with other organizations, such as advertisers.
Local Storage – HTML5
We may use Local Storage, such as HTML5 to store user preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity may also use HTML 5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This information may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your navigation paths and search queries.
- Mobile related information if you access our website using your mobile device.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account.
- Browser type, operating system, and other technical information.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve marketing, analytics, and the products and services we offer you.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any content, events or promotions that may interest you. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the app or OS level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user/device identification information.
We collect your location-based information for the purpose of locating a place that you may be searching for in your area. If you no longer wish to allow us to track your geo-location information in the mobile app you may turn this off at the device level.
Access and Choice
You have the right to remove your personal information from our databases. To do this, please delete your Infotolium account. If you have any problems or questions, please let us know by contacting us here firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you. We will respond to your request to access within 30 calendar days. You may access or correct your personal information that appears on our main site, log into Infotolium.com to view and modify your information or reach out to email@example.com for other correction requests.
Where you have provided us with the appropriate permissions, or where we are legally entitled to do so, we will provide you with marketing materials by email. You can opt out of receiving these emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the marketing email, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, outside organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- For legal reasons. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We will share personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In case of a sale or asset transfer. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of our services, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on our website.
- In anonymous form for business purposes. We may share anonymous, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners such as businesses which we have a relationship with, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information to show trends about the general use of our services.
Please note that third party recipients of your personal information may be located in United States, United Kingdom and Australia.
Our website offers publicly accessible comments section or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our comments section, contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Social Media Widgets
Our website includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button and Widgets, such as the Share this button. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them.
You can log in to our site using such sign-in services such as but not limited to: Facebook, Google, and Twitter. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate your profile. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about what you are reading on this site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold however no website is entirely secure. You should protect the account information in your possession as well. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us.
Do Not Track
Our services do not respond to do not track signals. Each browser and device work differently and there is no consensus across the industry relating to these signals.
Children Under 13
Our website is not directed toward children under 13 and we will not knowingly collect information for any child under the age of 13. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 and have a concern regarding your child’s information on our website, please contact us.
Our Services are Located in the United States
Our website and associated services are hosted in the United States. If you are outside of the United States, your information will be processed and stored in the United States and by using our website or providing us with personal information, you consent to such processing and storage.
Enforcement and Dispute Resolution